Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Andon's Cardiologist Appointment

Andon and I headed to St. Pete on Monday at 6:45am. It was a rough morning for both of us. My nerves were "shot" and Andon could tell and cried about going to see the doctor. They performed another EKG and said that the irregular heartbeat is still there. The doctor said as long as the pattern does not change, everything is fine and we will just have to come back once a year. They made Andon wear a 24 hour heart monitor. I was pleased with the doctor and the appointment and confident that everything will be fine.

You would have thought Andon was a superstar with his heart monitor on the way home. But when we got home, he complained that WHOLE TIME! "why should kids have to go to a heart doctor?" " Why do little kids have to have all these wires?" "I am never going back to that doctor!" "I look like the Incredible Hulk, when will I turn green?" And the of course when he took off the tape, wire and etc the next day, he thought is was going to die. He kept coaching himself through it "It will be ok, Andon, just rip it off."

We have sent in the heart monitor and are waiting for the results.

(I took a picture with his heart monitor on but will post later)

No comments: